Alright folks. The blog is back ON. Here’s the update in a nutshell:
- Came back from S. America.
- Moved to San Francisco to start FNP school at UCSF.
- Meet some cool folks, took some awesome classes, learned more than I thought possible.
- Got really good at long distance communication with Cameron.
- On a whim, and with lots of support and encouragement, applied for a Fulbright grant.
- Actually got the grant!
- Started writing this blog again.
Right now I am anxious, excited, proud, nervous, overwhelmed…I’m a big mess of emotion and change. But I think we all know that this is how I am happiest- looking forward, planning and scheming my next move. And since you are all wondering, no, Cam isn’t coming with me. He’s got a classroom full of kids who love him and a family who he needs to be close to. So we get to put all our long distance skills to the ultimate test…wish us luck.
T minus 1.5 months will find me back in South America but faced with a completely new set of challenges and adventures. So keep reading and give me an excuse to write all about it. =)
Here is a link to an article from a UCSF online news page that talks about the grant.